Copyright Notice

All blog post images copyright by Edwardson Tan unless otherwise noted

Friday, November 2, 2012

Morning, bud!

Canon EOS T3i, 1/100", f/5.6, ISO 400, 18-55mm II @55mm
Focusing on this guy was real a pain. It had a very long stem and was constantly being buffeted by the breeze. I set the cam to AF-Servo to try and keep it in focus. I was about just a foot away but this subject barely covered the center focus point and so the camera would sometimes hunt back and forth trying to grab something to focus on. I had the center focus point selected and given that I was on AF-Servo I couldn't focus and recompose.

Background was cluttered by various foliage very close by so it was imperative to blow it out of focus. At f/5.6 lens sharpness isn't at all optimal. Bokeh is not fantastic but not grotesque either. In post I brightened the subject and dimmed the background to further make the background recede in importance.

By the way, did I mention I took this late afternoon and not in the morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment