Copyright Notice

All blog post images copyright by Edwardson Tan unless otherwise noted

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Dawn crescent moon

After snapping several shots of the moon and what looks like a planet (Venus perhaps?), I repositioned the EOS T3i and added the roof into the frame to add some interest. I placed the tripod so that the "arrow" would point up to the moon. Had to stop down the aperture to get the roof in focus. I know. I know. I should've done all that hyperfocal distance calculation thingamajig but I was pressed for time and didn't have my chart with me.

0.8", f/16, ISO 100, EF-S 18-55mm @55mm


I switched to the EF 75-300mm to get a close-up. Skies were not at all crystal clear.

1/8", f/13, ISO 100, 300mm

Still using the same lens but a 100% crop. Yes, the image quality sucks. Am blaming the clouds. Keep in mind too that this was taken close to sunrise so the sky was actually lit up. I adjusted contrast in post to darken it. The original had a really washed-out look.

1/13", f/13, ISO 100, 300mm

No comments:

Post a Comment