Copyright Notice

All blog post images copyright by Edwardson Tan unless otherwise noted

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Upscale sculptures

This shop had halogen spotlights all over the place so it was a real pain minimizing the glare and preventing those lamps from getting in the shot. The large number of specular highlights was unavoidable. Couldn't stop down the aperture further than I did because 1. there wasn't enough illumination (I was already at ISO 800 and didn't want to go higher) and so camera shake would completely ruin the shots, and 2. I wanted a shallow depth of field to blow the cluttered background as out of focus as possible to separate the subject from it.




I shot the image below a couple of times. With the focus on the charioteer the horses were very out of focus. I thought this shot's better. Even the wheel is very close to being tack sharp.




No comments:

Post a Comment