Copyright Notice

All blog post images copyright by Edwardson Tan unless otherwise noted

Monday, December 31, 2012

Sky paintings

New Year's Eve fireworks.

I had the Canon T3i with an EF 50mm f/1.8 II on a tripod. Manual exposure mode with shutter set to bulb. Shutter was actuated using a remote switch (cable release). I had the mirror lockup enabled, but I was also using Live View so when the latter was turned on the mirror was up by default and I could immediately open the shutter. When Live View was off I momentarily pressed the remote switch to lock the mirror up and then pressed it again and held it down to open the shutter. Focus was in manual mode and I prefocused on various buildings several hundred meters away.

Bulb 2", f/11, ISO 400

Bulb 2", f/11, ISO 400

Bulb 2", f/11, ISO 400

Bulb 2", f/11, ISO 400

Bulb 2", f/8, ISO 200

Coconut tree in the sky!

Bulb 2", f/8, ISO 100


No comments:

Post a Comment